Are they threats, especially in light of the bioterrorism or WMD threat to global food production?
Does this pose a threat of ecosystem destruction, the crashing of commodity markets, and eventual collapse of public health?
The answer to all of these questions is a resounding – YES! But why don’t we hear more about this?
Listen as Donna Miller of Your Preparation Station brings as her guest *Professor Lawrence F. Roberge to discuss his findings, **the papers he has published on the findings and the reaction of many of the top ***government officials with whom he has shared his research and proposals.
*Professor Lawrence F. Roberge Ph.D.
- Presently Associate Professor of Anatomy & Physiology at Labouré College in Massachusetts
- Previously Assistant Professor for Goodwin College in Connecticut, where he build up the entire Science Dept. and curriculum for the new nursing program.
- Awarded the CASE/Carnegie Foundation Professor of the Year in2005.
- Obtained his Ph.D. in Biology from Atlantic International University in 2012: Dissertation title: Invasive Species as a form of Biological Weapon.
- Obtained his M.S. in Biomedical Science (Concentration in Physiology) in 1989 from University of Massachusetts Medical School (Worcester, MA).
- Obtained two bachelor’s degrees (B.S. Zoology/minor Chemistry & B.S. Psychology) from University of Massachusetts at Amherst in 1985.
- Author of the Book: The Cost of Abortion: An analysis of the social, economic and demographic effects of abortion in the United States, Four Winds Publishers, 1995.
- Published work includes papers on neuroscience, reproductive issues, cloning, biological weapons, chemical weapons, and biodefense threats.
** Articles & Research:
- Could Invasive Species Become the Next Biological Weapon?
- Black Biology-A Threat to Biosecurity and Biodefense. Biosafety
- Analysis of Introduced Species as a Form of Biological Weapon: Part 1-Theory and Approaches
- Analysis of Introduced Species as a form of Biological Weapon: Part 2- Strategies for Discernment of an Attack and Countermeasures
***Government officials who have been given his findings:
- Sam Pleasant, Director – Executive Office of the President
- Richard DalBello, Assistant Director at Office of Science and Technology Policy
- Jeff Smith, Executive Office of the President — OSTP at The White House
- Becky Fried, Communications & Policy Analyst at The White House
- Jeff Morgan, Director of Operations at White House Military Office
- Laura Rosenberger, Senior Advisor to the Deputy National Security Advisor at National Security Staff
- Zachary Mears, Director for Strategic Planning at National Security Council, The White House
- Ryan Gillis, Director of Legislative Affairs at National Security Staff, The White House
- Rolf Dietrich, Chief Knowledge Officer at Science and Technology Directorate at US Department of Homeland Security
- Tom Kalil, Deputy Director for Technology and Innovation at White House Office of Science and Technology Policy
HOUSE- U.S. House of Representatives-(202) 224-3121
- John Noonan-Speechwriter + Deputy Communications Director at House Armed Services Committee
- Kimberly Willingham-Director of Communications at United States House of Representatives
- Alex Gallo -Professional Staff Member at U.S. House of Representatives, Committee on Armed Services
- Paul Arcangeli-Minority Staff Director at House Armed Services Committee
- William Hawkins-Professional Staff at U.S. House of Representatives
- Virginia Johnson-Chief of Staff at U.S. House of Representatives
- Paul Anstine -Staff Director, Subcommittee on Border and Maritime Security at House Homeland Security Committee
- Jocelyn Rivera Olivas-Legislative Correspondent/Staff Assistant at U.S. House of Representatives
- Eric Heighberger -Subcommittee Staff Director at House Committee on Homeland Security
SENATE -United States Senate-(202) 224-3121
- Stephen Vina-Deputy Chief Counsel for Homeland Security at Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
- Jon Rosenwasser -Budget Director at U.S. Senate Select Committee on Intelligence
- Jim Dolbow-Military Legislative Assistant at United States Senate
- Bradley Bowman-National Security Advisor for Senator Kelly Ayotte (R-NH) at United States Senate;
- (202) 224-3324
- Gabi Everett -Administrative Director for U.S. Senator John Cornyn at United States Senate; (202) 224-2934
- Dan Lips-Director of Homeland Security (Minority) at US Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee
Nominate Dr. Roberge to speak at a TED Conference
TED conferences bring together the world’s most fascinating thinkers and doers, who are challenged to give the talk of their lives (in 18 minutes or less). TED is a nonprofit devoted to Ideas Worth Spreading. It started out in 1984 as a conference bringing together people from three worlds: Technology, Entertainment, Design. On TED.com, we make the best talks and performances from TED and partners available to the world, for free. Our mission: Spreading ideas.
To nominate Dr. Roberge: http://www.ted.com/pages/prize_nominate